Special EventsFrom time to time, Denise offers special events with a mind-body-spirit focus. Check this page for upcoming retreats and special classes.
2019 Barothy Lodge Retreat
October 18 – 20, 2019
Our 2019 Yoga Retreat at Barothy Lodge is SOLD OUT!
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list in the event we have any cancellations,
email Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barothy Lodge in Walhalla, Michigan, is a beautiful place to retreat. The property offers hiking, biking, fishing and kayaking through 300 acres of wilderness in the heart of the Manistee National Forest. The Pere Marquette River, a federally designated Wild and Scenic River, meanders through the property. Barothy is approximately 1.5 hours from Grand Rapids, MI.
Our Yoga Retreat offers a host of activities:
- 6 yoga classes with options for morning yoga, restorative yoga, and yoga nidra
- Scrumptious homemade meals prepared by Chef Tim
- Guided forest hike led by Tim – new this year!
- Plenty of free time for solo hiking, paddling, curling up with a good book, hot tubbing, a good old-fashioned card or board game, participating in a great book discussion, drawing mandalas, and just about anything else your soul craves
- Optional therapeutic massages from Amanda Cabasaan-Russel
- Loft – 8-beds in Main Lodge (Females only) – $240- SOLD OUT
- Semi-private room (2 people) – $284 per person – SOLD OUT
- Private room/Full Size Bed (single) – $354 – SOLD OUT
- Private room/Queen size Bed (per couple) – $553 – SOLD OUT
The fine print:
Pricing is based upon your choice of accommodations. A non-refundable $100 per person deposit holds your place. Full payment due one month prior to retreat. Your deposit can be made online with a credit card, or in person by cash or check. You may also send your check in the mail (but please let me know if you do this so your spot is not given to someone else). Your place is held as soon as your deposit is received. Accommodations reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Refunds can only be issued if another person fills your spot.
Space fills very quickly! Want to be on our cancellation list? Contact us and we will help make this happen.
2018 Barothy Lodge Retreat
October 19 – 21, 2018
Our 2018 Yoga Retreat was better than ever! Here are some of the activities our participating yogis enjoyed:
- 5 Yoga sessions, including Kripalu Yoga, Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Private and semi-private lodging in two private log cabin lodges
- 5 delicious and healthful meals prepared by Chef Tim
- Mandala coloring meditation
- Fireside Book Discussion with Ed Russel
- Essential oils class with Jennephyr Meier
- Optional massage from Amanda Cabasaan-Russel
- Hiking the beautiful 300-acre wilderness of Barothy Lodge on the Pere Marquette River
- Celebrating our community (sangha) of yogis
Here are some snapshots of our weekend retreat:
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Denise Karsen Healing Arts!